Updated: July 8, 2019
Updated: July 8, 2019
- Your Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Information Security
- Opting Out of Communications
- Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
- International Transfer and Storage of Information
- Third Party Websites and Services
- Children’s Information
- Contact Us
Your Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection, we will seek your consent prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below. However, before we implement the withdrawal of consent, we may require appropriate proof of your identity. In some cases, withdrawal of your consent may mean that we will no longer be able to provide certain Services or products.
Personal Information We Collect
The information we collect is generally in one or more of the following categories.
- Website. When you access, visit or use our Website, we may collect the following information:
- Information/Rate Request and Delivery Attempt: we may collect your e-mail address and other information (such as your name, company name, phone number) that you submit when you formulate an information/rate request from us or to plan another delivery attempt on our Website.
- Shipment Services. When you register for or use any of our Services, we may process the following information:
- Contact information: we may process your first and last name, email address, postal address (for delivery or pick-up), phone number, company information, signature and other similar contact data.
- Payment information: we may process payment information (including your credit card information). Please note that your payment information may also be processed by our trusted third-party payment providers (such as Moneris as described below).
We will not request any sensitive personal information. Please do not send us such sensitive personal information whether via our Website, via our social media accounts, via chat or instant messaging, by email, in person or over the phone.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information and other information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Services and to support your use of the Services.
- to contact you relating to the Services.
- to monitor and improve the Services, and to develop new products and services.
- to conduct research and analysis related to our business and the Services.
- to respond to inquiries and other requests.
- to provide you with information that we think may interest you, including in regards to the Services.
- to investigate legal claims or comply with our legal obligations.
We may use your personal information for other purposes for which we have obtained your consent, and for such other purposes as may be permitted or required by applicable law.
How We May Share Your Personal Information
Although we try to avoid sharing your personal information with third parties where possible, we have set out below the instances in which such sharing may occur.
We may use and disclose your information when we believe such use or disclosure is permitted, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce the terms of the agreements for our Services and products; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or subsidiaries; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. In addition, we may transfer your personal information and other information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets.
We also rely on third party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf, such as courier, payment, analytics, hosting, etc. Please find below a list of our third-party service providers which may process your personal information (with links to their privacy statements, if any):
- UPS. We use UPS for courier services, mainly for shipments outside the greater Montréal area. Here is their privacy statement.
- FedEx. We use FedEx for courier services, mainly for shipments outside the greater Montréal area. Here is their privacy statement.
- Purolator. We use Purolator for courier services, mainly for shipments outside the greater Montréal area. Here is their privacy statement.
- DHL. We use DHL for courier services, mainly for shipments outside the greater Montréal area. Here is their privacy statement.
- Canada Post. We use Poste Canada for courier services, mainly for shipments outside the greater Montréal area. Here is their privacy statement.
- Dicom Express. We use Dicom Express for courier services, mainly for shipments outside the greater Montréal area. Here is their privacy statement.
- Other Private Delivery Services. We use many private delivery services for shipments in the greater Montréal area.
- Moneris. We use Moneris for payment services. Here is their privacy statement.
- Vortex Solution. We use Vortex Solution for website hosting services.
- Olark. We use Olark for live chat features on the Website. Here is their privacy statement.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, which employs cookies that are stored to your computer in order to facilitate an analysis of your use of our Website. Here is their privacy statement.
If we otherwise intend to disclose your personal information to a third party, we will identify that third party and the purpose for the disclosure, and obtain your consent.
Retention of Personal Information
We will use, disclose or retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law. If you would like further information regarding the periods for which your personal information will be retained, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures with a view to protecting your personal information and other information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. We have taken steps to ensure that the only personnel who are granted access to your personal information are those with a business ‘need-to-know’ or whose duties reasonably require such information.
Despite the measure outlined above, no method of information transmission or information storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below. If we learn of a security breach involving your personal information, we will inform you and the relevant authorities of the occurrence of the breach as required under applicable law.
Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances and in accordance applicable data protection laws, an individual has the following rights:
- Access: entitled to ask if we are processing information and, if we are, request access to personal information. This enables the individual to receive a copy of the personal information we hold and certain other information about him or her;
- Correction: entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold be corrected.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that we may require that you provide appropriate identification to fulfill your request. Any such identifying information will be used only for this purpose.
International Transfer and Storage of Information
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage third party service providers. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to countries outside your country of residence, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. While such information is outside of your country, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is located, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
Third Party Websites and Services
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you should not provide us with your personal information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 16 has provided personal information, then you may alert us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below and request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
All comments, questions, concerns, requests or complaints regarding your personal information or our privacy practices (including with respect to any service providers outside of your country of residence) should be sent to our Privacy Officer as follows:
By e-mail: email@example.com